Our Pharmaceutical segment consolidates pharmaceuticals from hundreds of manufacturers into site-specific deliveries to retail pharmacies, hospitals, mail-order facilities, physician offices, surgery centers and long-term and other alternate care facilities. We also operate the world’s largest network of nuclear pharmacies, and about 200 hospitals across the U.S. outsource the management of their inpatient pharmacy to Cardinal Health.
In addition to delivering medical-surgical products and supply chain services to hospitals, laboratories, physician offices, surgery centers and home care across the globe, we manufacture many of the products we market, many of which are market leaders in the U.S. and many hold leading positions abroad. We also provide integrated distribution services such as procedure-based supply packaging and inventory management solutions to help medical professionals control costs and improve quality in patient care.
Why consider a future with Cardinal Health? As a global, growing company, we’re able to offer rewarding careers that let you make a positive impact on our customers and communities. We think of ourselves as the business behind healthcare because we focus on making it more cost-effective. We're an essential link that allows healthcare providers to reduce costs, improve operations and increase quality, so that they can offer better care to their patients. Here are a few facts about us:
- We have more than 40,000 employees worldwide
- We serve more than 24,000 pharmacies
- We manufacture or source nearly 9.5 billion individual consumer healthcare, home medical and over-the-counter products each year.
- We’re in nearly 85% of U.S. hospitals.
- We support more than 40,000 physician offices nationwide.
- We serve more than 2 million patients with nearly 50,000 home healthcare products.
- We serve more than 7,500 specialty physician offices and clinics.
- We provide more than 72 ,000 laboratory products to more than 5,800 labs
We're proud of our respectful, supportive environment, and encourage fresh thinking from all of our employees. There's a real sense of optimism, enthusiasm and a competitive spirit to our work. You'll enjoy our camaraderie, work/life balance and chance to deliver meaningful solutions to our customers.