Realizing that a diverse and inclusive work environment is crucial to corporate success, Cardinal Health offers a variety of employee resource groups and courses that ensure the business practices in our workplace accurately reflect the communities and marketplaces in which we do business. In addition, we partner with organizations to reach candidates from a broad spectrum of disciplines and communities, as well as learn from their practices and perspectives.
Cardinal Health leverages your unique contributions, ideas and perspectives to create an inclusive work environment. We do this through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) – groups of people who share interests, a common bond or background and offer support for each other. By leveraging ERGs, Cardinal Health is able to mirror our marketplace.
- African American Network (AAN)
- Asian Pacific American Network (APAN)
- Disability Advocates Network (DAN)
- Equality Network (EN)
- Hispanic American Network (HAN)
- Veterans and Military Advocates Network (VMAN)
- Women’s Initiative Network (WIN)
Managing Inclusion from Novations
Designed to help employees recognize and appreciate the value of diversity and inclusion by enhancing awareness and understanding, this course offers practical insight into the business implications of diversity and inclusion and introduces tools and strategies to enhance workplace interactions.
Creating an Inclusive Environment: LGBT
This course is offered to build awareness and bridges regarding the inclusion of LGBT employees in the workplace. It’s intended to increase comfort when dealing with challenging situations and subject areas that may be unfamiliar to employees and managers.
Exploring Inclusion deals with the way people are treated – the causes and consequences of Negative Treatment and what we can all do to build a climate that supports productivity based on Quality Treatment. It deals with the business-side of Cardinal Health and how to create an environment that supports the growth and development of everyone.
Cardinal Health actively attends external events to develop employees’ knowledge on diversity and inclusion issues. Some of the events Cardinal Health has attended are:
- Black Engineer of the Year Award Conference (BEYA)
- Catalyst Awards Conference
- Working Mother Media – Best Companies for Multicultural Women
- Asian Leadership Summit
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association National Convention
- Working Mother 100 Best Companies Work Life Congress
- Out & Equal Conference (for LGBT)
- Executive Leadership Council (mid-level manager training)
- The Ohio Diversity and Leadership Conference
- Organizational Resource Council
- Center for Corporate Equality
- Hispanic Engineer National Achievement Awards Conference (HENAAC)
- Next Generation Executive, Partnership Inc., Harvard Business School
- The Conference Board – Diversity (Work-Life/Workforce Diversity)
- National Minority Supplier Diversity Council (NMSDC)