Upon completion of this continuing education activity, the participant should be able to:
- Discuss important issues related to the selection and use of gloves in the clinical practice setting.
- Describe the various materials used to manufacture medical gloves.
- Identify the important physical requirements and properties of medical gloves.
- Discuss the recommendations for glove manufacture and use outlined by regulatory agencies and professional organizations.
- Cite key criteria for appropriate glove selection.
- Critique workplace scenarios regarding appropriate glove selection and use.