Most hospitals turn to Cardinal Health for Remote Order Entry Service because we're the leading provider in the country. Our service is a cost-effective alternative for supplemental, peak-hour coverage, for staffing the third shift or for assisting 24/7 pharmacies to redeploy their pharmacists’ focus from order entry to clinical services. We provide remote medication order entry and review - any time of day or night - by licensed pharmacists who are trained on your hospital’s policies and procedures.
- Enables redeployment of pharmacists to fulfill clinical initiatives that may help reduce readmissions, increase HCAHPS scores and improve efficiencies
- Provides coverage, including supplemental clinical pharmacist coverage, for hospitals implementing technology or entering post discharge orders for medication reconciliation
- Provides an affordable alternative for peak-hour coverage or staffing the third shift – at 20 to 30 percent cost savings over hiring your own staff
- Offers the option to leverage video verification technology to enable technician/nursing supervision or to verify patients' home medications
- Reduces automation overrides by ensuring real time order processing as they are being submitted by physicians
- Complies with regulatory and state licensure requirements and The Joint Commission's quality measures
- Delivers robust reporting that highlights productivity, clinical and quality metrics
Learn more about additional resources
, including customer testimonials and supporting materials specific to nursing, pharmacists, physicians and leadership.