All returns must be authorized by your Cardinal Health Customer Service Representative, who will advise you of the proper mode of transportation for the shipment. Authorization will be valid for only thirty days.
Each return must include the following information:
- Purchaser's name and address.
- Cardinal Health's invoice number.
- Invoice date.
- Purchaser's purchase order number.
- Quantity, catalog number and description of item.
- Reason for return.
Cardinal Health will authorize the return of all products in salable condition with the following exceptions:
- Products not purchased from Cardinal Health.
- Products purchased more than 3 months prior to the return request.
- Products that are regulated, hazardous chemicals or reagents.
- Instruments that have been used to analyze human body tissue.
- Sterile eaches of low unit of measure product.
- Special or custom products made to customer specifications.
- Products returned in defaced or other than original packaging.
- Drug products that are shipped outside the United States (reimport prohibited).
- Refrigerated, frozen or temperature controlled products with the exception that Cool Room coded product (``C'' coded) can be accepted back from customers and returned to stock only if ALL four circumstances noted below apply to the return.
- The product is returned within a 5 day transit time window.
- The external outdoor air temperature is less than 86 degrees Fahrenheit (86 degree F).
- The only acceptable reason for the return is a picking or ordering error.
- This exception applies to activities in all states that Cardinal Health services except for the state of Louisiana.
All return items not locally stocked will be subject to locally determined supplier restocking fee.
All returns not due to Cardinal Health error will be subject to a minimum of 15% restocking fee.
In the event that an unauthorized return is accepted, there will be a minimum of 25% restocking fee.