Essential to Wellness
We appreciate the work of our community partners to impact health and wellness and for many years we have provided financial support to continue this great work. We look forward to working more closely with our non-profit partners on initiatives that help create healthy and vibrant communities.
We are now accepting applications for the 2018 Essential to Wellness Grant Program!
The 2018 Essential to Wellness Grant Program will focus funding in Little Rock, Arkansas; Lake and Cook County, Illinois; Radcliff, Kentucky; Twinsburg, Ohio; Milpitas, California, and Puerto Rico. We focus on these geographic areas because we have large groups of employees that live and work in these regions. We believe health and wellness is a key to the success of our employees and we want to make their communities healthy too.
We are seeking proposals that include the following criteria in 2018:
- Address prescription drug misuse and the opioid epidemic
- Strive to break down barriers that contribute to disparities in health outcomes that persist for low-income individuals, communities of color, LGBTQ people, and other vulnerable populations so that everyone will have fair and equal opportunities to achieve good health
- Address the needs of our aging population and their caregivers
- Programs that focus on early years of life when children’s health habits are formed and engage the entire family unit in healthy lifestyles
- Preventative health initiatives that encourage healthy eating and active living through access to healthy food and activity