Note: The raised toilet seat is compatible with a variety of toilet fixtures. Certain bowl styles may require the removal of the existing seat and/or lid to ensure a correct fit.
To Install Raised Toilet Seat without Lock
- Raise the toilet lid and seat ring, exposing toilet bowl.
- Place raised toilet seat directly onto toilet bowl.
- Ensure that the raised toilet seat is centered and sitting flat on toilet bowl. The seat is installed properly and ready for use when the unit sits flat on the toilet bowl lip and fits securely against the inner rim of the bowl.
To Install Raised Toilet Seat with Lock
- Raise the toilet lid and seat ring, exposing toilet bowl.
- Turn locking device (located on front of locking raised toilet seat) counterclockwise until there is enough space to clear the inner rim of toilet.
- Place the raised toilet seat onto the toilet bowl rim by hooking rear flanges under the edge of the bowl. Ensure that the raised toilet seat sits flat on the toilet bowl rim, with the adjustment knob at the front of the toilet bowl.
- Center the raised toilet seat on the bowl, then push the unit back as far as possible.
- Tighten the adjustment knob by turning it clockwise. Once resistance is felt, turn knob an additional 1/8 inch until snug.
- If the rear portion of the raised toilet seat is touching the toilet seat or lid, remove the toilet seat and lid and repeat steps 3-5. The raised toilet seat is installed properly and ready for use when the unit sits flat on the toilet bowl lip and fits securely against the inner rim of the bowl.
To Install Raised Toilet Seat with Lock, Padded Arms and/or Height-Adjustable Legs
- Place each of the armrests in the provided slots until the push buttons click into position. Push buttons are engaged when they fully protrude through the holes in the bracket and an audible click is heard.
- Ensure that both legs are adjusted to equal height and that push buttons are fully engaged before using. This ensures an even height adjustment and that the adjustable legs are securely locked in position. Test for stability before each use.
- Follow steps 1-6 for the raised toilet seat with lock.
Note: The raised toilet seat may be used in the same manner as a regular seat. Armrests are for assistance only and are not designed to support an individual's total weight. Use grab bars or toilet safety frame with any model not containing arms.
- Back up to the seat until the backs of your legs are touching it.
- Reach back for the armrests or hand holds if they are present.
- Slowly lower yourself onto the raised toilet seat, bending at the hips, elbows, and knees as needed.
- To get up from the seat, push yourself up on the armrests or seat. Make sure you have your balance before releasing your grasp from the raised toilet seat.
Do Not Attempt To Adjust Or Use Your Raised Toilet Seat Without Reading All Instructions Carefully. Failure To Follow Instructions May Result In Injury.
Consult with your healthcare provider if:
- You require additional instruction on the proper use of this product.
- You have any disability or physical limitation or are taking any medication that could cause interference with the safe use of this product.
Do not exceed the maximum weight capacity or serious injury may result.
Be sure to center your weight on the raised toilet seat, as the seat may tip if you lean too far forward or to either side.
The raised toilet seat with lock is not constructed for permanent installation. The seat should be loosened and retightened once a week to ensure proper fit. Only use hands while rotating the knob, as a wrench or other tool may break the screw assembly.
If proper installation of raised toilet seat with lock cannot be achieved, do not use. Not all toilet bowls are compatible with the raised toilet seat with lock, which will prevent its proper use and may cause damage to the product. If the toilet bowl has a raised top or inner ring, or has protruding points or sections, the raised toilet seat with lock should not be used. Failure to comply with the warning may result in severe injury.
Armrests are for assistance only and are not designed to support an individual's total weight.
Ensure armrests are correctly and securely installed. Do not use armrests if any looseness is noted.
If your model includes legs, adjust the leg height to match that of the toilet with raised seat, ensuring that the push buttons are fully engaged.
If any component of this product is damaged or missing, discontinue use immediately. Contact Cardinal Health at 1-877-227-3462 for repair and/or appropriate replacement parts. DO NOT use non-Cardinal HealthTM parts.
Use Cardinal Health™ accessories only. The use of other manufacturers' accessories can result in an improper fit and risk of fall and/or injury.
Failure to follow the above instructions may result in serious injury and/or damage to the product. Cardinal Health assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage caused by improper installation, assembly, or use of this product.
To ensure that your raised toilet seat will have a long service life, inspect it regularly and follow these general maintenance tips:
Your raised toilet seat can be easily cleaned with mild soap and water. Do not use an abrasive cleaner that will scratch the finish. Do not use an organic solvent (such as acetone, MEK, lacquer thinner, lighter fluid, dry cleaning fluid, gasoline, or turpentine) that may dissolve the plastic. Avoid the buildup of soap scum, which could become slippery when wet.
Confirm that the armrests are dry before using. NEVER use ammonia-based cleaning solutions or soap on armrests, which may cause them to loosen or crack.
For model with adjustable legs, periodically check tips for damage, cracks, or worn tread. If any of these issues develop, discontinue use until tips have been replaced.
To ensure the best service from your product, contact Cardinal Health at 1-877-227-3462 for more information. DO NOT use non-Cardinal Health™ parts.