Adjustable Folding Cane
Helps maintain balance and stability when standing and walking
- Natural unfolding action – clicks securely into place for immediate use
- Folds for compact storage during travel
- Easy push button height adjustment
- Lightweight, sturdy construction
- Double corded system for durability
- Slip-resistant tip for cushioned support
- Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex
- Tip size: 5/8 in. (16 mm)
- Weight capacity: 250 lb.
Recommend to use with*:
*Item sold separately
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
At Cardinal Health, we stand behind our products with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, contact the healthcare provider or retailer where it was obtained for a replacement or refund. You can also contact us directly at 1-877-227-3462.
Instructions For Use
Do not attempt to adjust or use your cane without reading all instructions carefully.
Do not exceed the maximum weight capacity or serious injury may result.
Before Each Use:
1. Folding canes must first be unfolded, with each segment fully inserted into the flared end of the adjoining segment and clicked securely into place.
2. Cane must be correctly adjusted to your height.
3. Push buttons must be engaged and secure lock collar tightened.
4. Ensure hand grip is securely attached and does not slip.
5. Check tip for damage, cracks, or worn tread. If any of these issues develop, discontinue use until tip has been replaced.
6. Watch out for potential safety hazards including, but not limited to, slippery, uneven or soft surfaces, and objects in your path.
1. Wearing your usual walking shoes, place the handle of the cane on the floor on the opposite side of your weak or injured side.
2. Stand comfortably; if the tip does not touch the middle crease on the inside of your wrist, your cane needs re-sizing.
Note: You will need assistance sizing your cane.
How to Size:
1. Wearing your usual walking shoes, stand comfortably and let arms hang at your sides with a natural bend at your elbow.
2. The individual helping you size your cane should place the cane handle on the floor, opposite the side of the injured or weaker leg, with your palm facing the cane.
3. Your correct cane height matches the adjustment hole closest to the crease in the middle of your wrist.
1. Loosen the secure lock collar on the cane base. Press the push button and turn the button section of the base, lengthening or shortening to the correct height by sliding the base up or down.
2. Twist the base until the button pops out into the adjustment hole. Make sure the button has popped out completely. Push buttons are engaged when they fully protrude through the holes in the bracket and an audible click is heard.
3. Tighten the secure lock collar on the cane base.
Using Your Cane:
1. To provide a safe tripod stance, canes are commonly used on the strong side, or opposite the injured side.
2. The cane moves with the weak/injured side.
3. Stand normally with cane tip meeting the floor flatly. Hold the top of the handle securely. If using an offset cane, slip the hand through the wrist strap.
4. Move your good foot first, taking one step directly in front of your body.
5. Move the cane and the weaker foot at the same time, taking one step.
6. Continue in this manner, taking short, smooth steps to ensure balance.
Wipe the cane with a soft, damp cloth at least once a week to remove any dust and dirt. If exposed to moisture, dry immediately. Clean the grip with a mild soap, detergent or household cleaner. NEVER use ammonia-based cleaning solutions or soap on hand grips, which may cause them to loosen or crack. Periodically check tip for damage, tears, cracks, or worn tread. If any of these issues develop, discontinue use until tip has been replaced.
To ensure the best service from your product, contact Cardinal Health at 1-877-227-3462 for more information. DO NOT use non-Cardinal Health™ parts.
Use the utmost care when using a cane. Watch out for potential safety hazards including, but not limited to, slippery, uneven or soft surfaces, and objects in your path.
Consult with your healthcare provider if:
- You require additional instruction on the proper use of this product.
- You have any disability or physical limitation or are taking any medication that could cause interference with the safe use of this product.
If any component of this product is damaged or missing, discontinue use immediately. Contact Cardinal Health at 1-877-227-3462 for repair and/or appropriate replacement parts. DO NOT use non-Cardinal Health™ parts.
Use Cardinal Health™ accessories only. The use of other manufacturers' accessories can result in an improper fit and risk of fall and/or injury.
Failure to follow these instructions may result in serious injury and/or damage to the product. Cardinal Health assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage caused by improper installation, assembly, or use of this product.