EDI 845 (Price Authorization) transactions for medical suppliers
EDI 845 Price Acknowledgements/Status is a transaction type used to transmit specific contractual data relative to the status of or change to outstanding price authorizations.
EDI 845 is an efficient and controlled way to send contract updates and changes directly to Cardinal Health to be processed within 24 hours. Using EDI 845 reduces chargeback discrepancies and increases efficiency through standardization and automation.
- Lowers costs and improves efficiency for our mutual customers
- Improves accuracy and reduces discrepancies in customer contracting
- Reduces cycle time - loading manual notifications takes an average of 2-3 days to complete and EDI notifications are completed within 24 hours
- Reduces the volume of emails received from Cardinal Health support teams including Pricing Services and Chargebacks
How to transmit
- Use an established SFTP, AS2, or VAN connection to send data direct to Cardinal Health
- Work with a third party vendor to transfer and translate the data for you
- Utilize Cardinal Health’s in-house HIDA CSV template
Contact your Global Sourcing Manager or the Medical Supplier Agreements team.