Expansion doubles capacity and adds new service offerings
Cardinal Health has acquired contract packaging service company A+ Secure Packaging, an addition that aligns with and expands on our current packaging capabilities and expertise. The Cardinal Health 3PL team is excited to work seamlessly with A+ Secure Packaging to offer you a wide array of expanded capabilities across the packaging spectrum, particularly serialization services that can help address gaps in contract packager readiness for Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) implementation.
Founded and led by a pharmacist and industry experts, A+ Secure Packaging offers both primary and secondary packaging services for pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter (OTC) medications, dietary supplements, animal health medications and medical devices.
This acquisition doubles current capacity by expanding our footprint and adding complementary machinery, such as bottling equipment. Integrating A+ Secure Packaging’s capabilities into our suite of services also allows us to provide new offerings, including clinical trial packaging, commercial packaging and liquid packaging, as well as repackaging capabilities.
Conveniently located, state-of-the-art facility
A+ Secure Packaging’s state-of-the-art 60,000 square foot facility is conveniently located in LaVergne, TN, close to two other Cardinal Health Specialty Solutions locations. This FDA-inspected and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)-compliant facility features:
- The latest packaging equipment technology.
- A full security and alarm system that restricts access to authorized personnel only.
- Controlled, dedicated packaging suites that ensure products are packaged in a tightly-controlled environment monitored for positive pressure, relative humidity and temperature.
- Dedicated gowning areas and separate air handling systems to prevent cross contamination.
- Product and component quality control systems and procedures for proper segmentation.
Turnkey packaging services
With this acquisition, Cardinal Health can now offer turnkey management for packaging projects, including planning, primary packaging and secondary packaging operations, regardless of project size or complexity.
- Guidance and expertise at every product development stage, from planning and consulting to package design and full-service production.
- Solutions for both solid dose prescriptions and OTC medications (tablets, capsules, caplets, soft gels, liquid gels, gel caps, etc.).
- Custom package and carton design services for a professional presentation and strong visual impact on store shelves.
This acquisition has also expanded our serialization services to help you ensure compliance with the DSCSA and adhere to GS1 Global Healthcare Standards.
- Serialization system integration that enables us to accommodate a wide range of product sizes for maximum flexibility.
- Integrated OCS hardware and Arvato software allows us to apply a Standardized Numerical Identifier (SNI) to each individual package.
- Additional multiple aggregation options for serialized packages, ranging from homogenous case to pallet level.
- Electronic transfer of data to your business partners via a secure gateway business partners.
To learn more about how we can support your unique product packaging needs, please contact your Client Relations Manager.