Very few laboratory items are eligible for Prime Vendor distribution. You may order these non-DAPA products from Cardinal Health using your non-prime account, regardless if we are your Prime Vendor.
DOD Prime Vendor Medical (PVM)
- PVM is a mandatory program for all DOD hospitals for the distribution of healthcare products on DAPA.
- Contracts have been awarded to two companies which serve as DOD Prime Vendors.
- Prime Vendor is awarded by Global Region.
- Cardinal Health is Prime Vendor to DOD facilities in the Global North and Global West Regions and is Back-up Prime Vendor in the Global South Region.
Products eligible for PVM distribution
- Only items on DAPA (Materials Master Catalog, MMC) are eligible for Prime Vendor distribution.
- For items on DAPA, DOD facilities must first place an order with their Primary Prime Vendor.
- If the Primary Prime Vendor is unable to supply the item or if the item is on backorder and the DOD facility needs it sooner than the expected delivery date, the order with the Prime Vendor can be canceled and then placed with the Back-up Prime Vendor.
- Multiple methods including EDI, Cardinal Health Market, TWELS, and DMMLS.