Telfa™ AMD island dressings are impregnated with PHMB (Polyhexamethylene Biguanide), a powerful yet safe antiseptic that has a broad range effectiveness against gram positive and gram negative microorganisms including some multi-drug resistant strains such as MRSA. AMD provides healthcare facilities a low cost, prophylactic method of treatment without changing nursing protocol. In addition to its antimicrobial capabilities the Telfa™ AMD island dressing is an all-in-one dressing that is ideal for lightly draining wounds and helps save clinician time.
- Contain PHMB (Polyhexamethylene Biguanide) which is highly effective against most organisms. Limits cross-contamination from patient to patient, patient to clinician, and patient to the environment.
- Resists bacterial colonization within the dressing helping to prevent infections from growing and spreading in the dressing
- Reduces bacterial penetration through the dressing helping to minimize infection exposure from strike-though
- Broad-spectrum effectiveness provides protection against gram-, gram+ and fungi/yeast microorganisms including MRSA and VRE helping to reduce the risk of hospital acquired infection
- Limits cross-contamination from and to the patient, clinician and environment
- Sterile and hypoallergenic