Patients who suffer DVT’s require additional care and subsequently loss of productivity and income.5-6
DVT related economic and healthcare resource utilization burden on patients
|Increased healthcare resource utilization
- Mean of 15 additional physician visits*5
- Average of 38.6 additional hours of non-medical care5*
- Approximately 1 in 4 patients require hospital readmission within 30 days.6**
|Loss of productivity and income
- 12.1 days of productivity lost due to a DVT event5*
- Mean income loss due to loss of productivity was 1,543 Canadian Dollars* (approximately $1182 US)5
*Data derived from a Canadian study of 355 consecutive patients suffering acute DVT from seven hospitals.
**Data derived from inpatients records of 953 primary DVT and 3933 primary PE admissions at 132 us hospitals.