The Argyle™ left ventricular sump vent catheter is a sterile, single use, disposable dual-lumen PVC catheter used during open heart surgery for decompression of the left ventricle to prevent over-distention and subsequent tissue damage. It is also used to measure left ventricle pressure when removing the bypass equipment. Left ventricular vents are passed either through the pulmonary vein into the left atrium, through the mitral valve and into the ventricle or directly into the ventricle through the apex of the heart.
- Bullet tip facilitates ease of insertion and reduces trauma
- Cath-lok retention rings provide ease of positioning and can be used as depth marking as well as to fix the catheter in place
- Dual lumen sump provides safe venting with minimal cardiac injury as well as useful for irrigation and pressure monitoring
- Integral connector provides a leak-free connection to 1/4" male connector when cropped
- Four drainage eyes maximizes safe drainage with minimal cardiac injury
- Large lumen allows for easy drainage
- Small lumen provides access to pressure monitoring
- Bubble connector secures connection.
- 20” length facilitates clearance from sterile field