Cardinal Health™ Reinforced Gelling Fiber dressings are sterile, non-woven calcium/sodium alginates consisting of a high M alginate in a cohesive fiber construction. As wound fluid is absorbed, the alginate forms a gel, which assists in maintaining a moist environment for optimal wound healing and the formation of granulation tissue.
- Highly absorbent gelling fibers wick and retain exudate away from the wound bed
- Cohesive fiber construction facilitates easy intact/ one-piece atraumatic removal
May be used for the management of moderate to heavy exuding, partial to full thickness wounds, including:
- Pressure ulcers
- Graft and donor site
- Venous, arterial and diabetic ulcers
- Post-operative surgical wounds
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Cavity wounds
- Trauma wounds
- Superficial and partial thickness burns
- Can also be used to control minor bleeding in superficial wounds.
Dry eschar, third-degree burns, surgical implantation, heavy bleeding and individuals with known sensitivity to alginates.