The powerful protection of Kendall™ AMD antimicrobial foam dressings are also available in foam discs which are effective for up to 7 days. The PHMB impregnated foam discs help to provide a barrier of protection for catheter insertion sites such central venous catheters (CVC) and peripherally inserted central catheters (PICCs). The Kendall™ AMD antimicrobial foam discs are also ideal for use around external fixation devices.
Kendall™ AMD antimicrobial foam discs help to improve patient outcomes by:
- Helping to protect against CRBSI (catheter related blood stream infections)
- Protecting insertion sites from harmful bacteria such as MRSA & VRE
- Providing efficacy for up to 7 days
- Limiting cross contamination
- Promoting a healthy wound (insertion) environment