Cardinal Health™ Reinforced Gelling Fiber +Ag dressings are sterile, reinforced non-woven pads composed of a high G (guluronic acid) calcium alginate, carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) and ionic silver complex (silver sodium hydrogen zirconium phosphate), which release silver ions in the presence of wound fluid. As wound fluid is absorbed, the alginate forms a gel which assists in maintaining a moist environment for optimal wound healing.
- Silver ions protect the dressing from a broad spectrum of microorganisms over a period of up to fourteen (14) days, based on in-vitro testing
- Highly absorbent gelling fibers wick and retain exudate away from the wound bed
- Cohesive fiber construction facilitates easy intact/one-piece atraumatic removal
- Odor reduction results from the antibacterial effect in the dressing
Under the medical supervision of a healthcare professional for the management of moderate to heavy exuding, partial to full thickness wounds, including:
- Pressure ulcers
- Leg ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Post-operative surgical wounds
- First- and second-degree burns
- Graft and donor sites
- Trauma wounds (dermal lesions, trauma injuries or incisions)
Dry eschar, third-degree burns, direct application on dry or lightly exuding wounds, to control heavy bleeding and individuals with known sensitivity to alginates and/or silver.