Kerlix™ AMD rolls are impregnated with PHMB (Polyhexamethylene Biguanide), a powerful yet safe antiseptic that has a broad range effectiveness against gram positive and gram negative microorganisms including some multi-drug resistant strains such as MRSA. This exciting new product provides healthcare facilities with a low cost, prophylactic method of treatment without changing nursing protocol. In addition to its antimicrobial capabilities, Kerlix™ AMD rolls provide fast-wicking action, superior aeration, and excellent absorbency.
- Resists bacterial colonization within the dressing helping prevent infections from growing and spreading in the dressing
- May be used as a primary or secondary dressing
- Primary bacterial barrier antimicrobial dressings work as a contact kill and maintain log counts in the wound without negative impact to wound healing
- Secondary layer antimicrobial dressings work to limit cross-contamination by significantly reducing bacterial growth in the pooling layer
- Limits cross-contamination from and to the patient, clinician and environment