The Cardinal Health Antimicrobial Stewardship offering will assist you in becoming compliant with the upcoming CMS and Joint Commission requirements. Our consulting service provides thorough assessment, implementation, and analytics solutions.
Benefits to your hospital
- Improve Quality: Do your part in combating antimicrobial resistance, which is a serious and growing health threat
- Optimize patient care: Optimize antimicrobial use resulting in shorter lengths of stay and less complications including hospital acquired infections
- Become compliant: Use our thorough assessment to modify procedures in your hospital, or enlist us to implement the changes necessary to meet the new 2017 regulatory requirements.
Choose your level
Choose the level of guidance you need from us, and get started increasing compliance and enhancing patient care today.
We analyze the processes you have in place today and determine if your hospital meets regulatory requirements. Based on this analysis, we provide recommendations on how to become more compliant with the 2017 Antimicrobial Stewardship requirements.
We do what is needed to get your hospital to satisfy regulatory requirements, including taking action on necessary steps and education of the hospital staff. This is a customized process, designed to align with your hospitals resource capabilities.
Data analysis and reporting is part of the regulatory requirements. Our software will:
- Trend antibiotic selection and use over time by defined daily dose or days of therapy and benchmark to other hospitals
- Compare “drug vs bug” to evaluate susceptibility and resistance patterns to assist you in selecting the best agent for your hospital population.
Proof is in the numbers
Cardinal Health Antimicrobial Stewardship program helps hospital systems of various sizes see real results.
recorded reduction in antimicrobial costs*
reduction in selected antimicrobial spend for one 15 hospital health system**
improvement in hospital staff education and 227% improvement in outcome tracking***
*Results may not be typical for your hospital. Your account manager will work with you to identify opportunities for savings.
**Results recorded for the year of 2015-2016.
***Results for one hospital system who implemented Antimicrobial Stewardship. Case study conducted from 2014-2016.
September 18, 2014
The White House issued an Executive Order and National Strategy to Combat Antimicrobial-Resistant Bacteria
of all antimicrobial prescribed in U.S. acute care hospitals are either unnecessary or inappropriate*
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates more than 2 million people are infected with antimicrobial-resistant organisms, resulting in approximately 23,000 deaths annually
*Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); 2014 Core Elements of Hospital Antibiotic Stewardship Programs.