The 2020 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) final rule has been released by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). In this year’s rule, CMS introduced reimbursement for principal care management and expanded episode-based measures for MIPS reporting, and made updates to evaluation and management service charges.
Many practices are wondering:
- What provisions within the more than 500 page rule are most impactful?
- How can we leverage this year’s MPFS rule to our advantage?
- What action do we need to take to be successful in value-based care for the future?
Nathan Constable, Manager of Government Relations for Cardinal Health, recently sat down with healthcare policy expert Martie Ross of Pershing Yoakley & Associates for a conversation to help answer these questions and offer guidance for 2020.
Their discussion covers a variety of topics, including:
- New Medicare Reimbursement for Principal Care Management (PCM) – opportunities for practices to provide patient navigation services and offer better patient care
- Changes to MIPS and the introduction of MIPS Value Pathways (MVPS) – changes to performance scores for 2020 and why your practice should act now to avoid increasing penalties over time
- Payment and reimbursement changes for 2020 – updates to relative value units and the conversion factor
Watch the recording »