Cardinal Health Specialty Pharmaceutical Distribution takes its responsibility to support the needs of our customers very seriously, as demonstrated through our history of service. Our goal is to help enable you to continue your focus on safe and effective care for your patients while protecting those involved in patient care.
Please be aware that delivery delays with our national and regional parcel providers are occurring industrywide due to unprecedented levels of ecommerce activity from the continuing COVID-19 pandemic and peak holiday season, and we expect these trends to continue. We are currently seeing 1-2-day delays, on average, in delivery. Please know that we are working diligently to get product to you.
What we are doing:
- Partnering with FedEx to balance and shift volumes between FedEx locations to reduce transit time.
- Increasing our volume of ice and gel on cold chain shipments over weekends and holidays.
- Monitoring daily shipments and providing interventions as needed.
- Leveraging senior FedEx leadership commitments to prioritize healthcare shipments.
- When possible, proactively reaching out to customers to alert them of possible delays.
What we recommend you do:
- Plan volume changes in advance and place orders at least one day earlier if possible.
You have our commitment to do all we can to help our global healthcare supply chain continue to operate as safely and effectively as possible. We will continue to closely monitor these delays and will provide additional information as it becomes available.
Thank you for your understanding and continued partnership. If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service team at 877-453-3972.